Wednesday 13 June 2012

Dear Home Office


I filled in your online survey on same-sex marriage. To be honest, I felt it all got a bit too bogged-down in overly-technical nitpicking for my liking, so I've cut-and-pasted the edited highlights below.

Q1: Do you agree or disagree that all couples, regardless of their gender, should be able to have a civil marriage ceremony?

A: Agree.

Please explain the reasons for your answer:

I fail to believe, in this day and age, that outmoded, predjudiced and archaic notions of what marriage 'should' be - apparently based on the didactic 'teachings' of a fictional 2000-year-old text - are even considered worthy of discussion.

Q16: Do you have any other comments on the proposals within this consultation?

A: No further comments necessary. Please get with the programme and live in the 21st Century.


SINCERELY,
D. McLELLAND.

No comments: